Dust explosion threats are a crucial concern in today’s industrial environments. The cost of dust explosion damage amounts to millions of dollars each year. Of greater concern are the lives that might be lost. If you suspect you are at risk, have your dust tested. The latest NFPA Standards, particularly NFPA 652, require a documented DHA (Dust Hazard Analysis) be on file with your AHJ (authority having jurisdiction). We can help you with that.
Some common examples of combustible dusts include:
- Inks & Dyes
- Food & Food Additives
- Fungicides & Herbicides
If you do not know the potential hazard of your dust, you need to get it tested. An Explosibility Screening Test or “Go / No-Go Test” is the first step. If necessary, additional testing can include:
- Dust Cloud Reactivity (Pmax and Kst)
- Dust cloud Minimum Ignition Temperature
- Dust Layer Ignition Temperature
- Dust Cloud Minimum Ignition Energy
- Minimum Explosion Dust Concentration
- Minimum Safe Oxygen Concentration
Combustion Research Center (CRC) a division of the HOERBIGER Safety Solutions Group has extensive expertise and experience in developing systems to deal with the hazards of combustible dust. They are an independent laboratory that provides a wide range of resources including:
- Large database cataloging combustible dusts, liquids and gases.
- Products offered by other HOERBIGER Safety Solutions Group – Suppression system components, explosion vents, and isolation valves
- Comprehensive staffing – they have the field engineers, designers, customer service, service technicians and trainers needed to protect your operations
- Worldwide Service – Authorized IEP Technologies Service Centers throughout the world
SysTech is ready to discuss your combustible dust containment and removal needs.