WARNING: Call to discuss application before purchase. All explosion systems need to be designed and modeled before they can be quoted.
The PistonFire suppressor consists of a pressurized suppressant storage cylinder and a valve body that contains a dust-ignition proof, weatherproof National Electrical Manufacture’s Association (“NEMA”) enclosure. The NEMA enclosure houses the actuating mechanism, pressure switch, pressure gauge, fill valve, OSHA supervisory switch, and field wiring connections. The NEMA enclosure is completely sealed via screw cover and an explosion-proof quick-disconnect connector for easy connection to field wiring. Upon detection of an incipient explosion, the suppressor receives an actuation signal. The actuating mechanism initiates the rapid release of the pressurized, dry-chemical suppressant (sodium bicarbonate) into the protected area within milliseconds.
• DOT, TC approved – pressurized and leak-tested at the factory and shipped to site, vs. pressurizing and leak testing at the customer facility.
• Monitored and interlocked low-pressure switch per the latest version of NFPA 69.
• Non-explosive initiators, safe to handle (no ATF or UN restrictions).
• OSHA lockout plate per the latest version of NFPA 69.
• Nozzles can be inspected in-place (NFPA 69) vs. removal or vessel entry by other companies.
• Valve body is corrosion-resistant materials including stainless steel and aluminum.
• Actuation via Non-explosive PF Initiator included with the suppressor.
• ATEX and FM approved.
• Three sizes of bottle sizes are available depending on application: PF 1000, PF 2000 and PF 3000.
There are no reviews yet.