SysTech is experienced in developing industrial noise control solutions that meet OSHA and NIOSH regulations for a wide range of industrial environments and manufacturing sites. Whether inside a facility and impacting the workforce or outside the facility where it affects surrounding residential areas, noise is a significant issue that companies continually need to address.
How does SysTech address these potentially adverse acoustic issues?
Occupational noise is both regulated and documented in the workplace to protect employees from excessive exposure. Specifically, employees encountering high noise levels can develop issues such as:
- Hearing loss
- High stress levels
- Compromised safety
Industrial non-occupational environmental noise compliance is typically defined by attenuation requirements or noise impact at a critical receptor point or at the property line. The noise source may be construction or normal operating activities. Agencies governing this type of noise are typically at the local level, but this can vary by state and municipality.
Noise Attenuation Techniques
Noise attenuation is achieved by decreasing the intensity or volume of sound in a controlled environment. There are many noise reduction strategies that can be employed in industrial settings. One of the most effective and logical approaches to noise attenuation are to install systems that minimize noise from the start, using control techniques such as:
- Damping – A method of reducing noise levels from chutes, hoppers, machine guards, conveyors, panels and more
- Selecting efficient equipment – Selecting fans, compressors, PD blowers and engines that operate efficiently contribute significantly to noise attenuation
- Acoustic blankets/wraps – Attenuate noise from the equipment casing
- Adjusting Fan Speed – Fan noise is in direct correlation with fan speed, so simple adjustments can produce significant results
- Controlling high pressure steam, natural gas and other vent noises
- Reducing noise from process exhaust stacks
- Acoustically treating roof exhausters, ventilating equipment and cooling towers
- Duct lining – Ventilation systems with acoustic absorbent material such as foam or fiberglass will effectively decrease airborne noise
- Vibration Isolation Pads – Vibration control, employing anti-vibration machine mounts such as springs or neoprene will reduce transmission of noise created by vibration
- Acoustic flexible connectors – They serve a dual purpose in containing noise generated by the fan blade and that induced by vibration
- Closing openings in enclosures and barrier walls required for utilities
The environmental impact caused by industrial processes such as vent blow-offs, rooftop fans and HVAC equipment, chillers, cooling towers, oil and gas building ventilation systems, power gen engines, and other noise generating processes can be addressed by installing various types of noise abatement equipment. We partner with the leading manufacturers of industrial noise control products and systems to offer a broad range of reliable noise control solutions.
Fan Silencers – Fans are found in almost all industrial applications, and can be large contributors to the problem of industrial noise. Exhaust and supply fan silencers can significantly reduce noise in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Industrial Process Silencers – In addition to selecting the right noise control equipment, SysTech will access the entire noise attenuation application and reduce the overall sound level. Process silencers are applied to PD blower and compressor exhausts, stack discharges, and the venting or blow-off of high pressure gases.
Sound Enclosures – Engineered acoustically for superior noise control, sound enclosures are an extremely effective means for containing industrial equipment noise.
Acoustic Building Ventilation Systems – When very high equipment noise levels are present in a building caused by large compressors, engines, generators and motors, and heat removal ventilation systems are required, SysTech offers customized acoustic ventilation systems to meet both ventilation and noise reduction requirements.
Industrial Noise Control Product Manufacturers
We represent the leading manufacturers, and offer a complete range of noise control products to meet industrial noise control needs.
dB Noise Reduction Inc.
dB Noise Reduction specializes in the design and manufacture of industrial noise control equipment including fan/blower silencers, vent silencers, industrial mufflers, stack silencers, compressor silencers and a full complement of accessories including acoustic flex connectors. dB Noise Reduction provides customers with a wide range of quality equipment, as well as, increased safety, regulatory compliance and better working environments.
Noise Suppression Technologies Inc.
Noise Suppression Technologies engineers and manufactures custom-designed acoustic, soundproofing, and industrial noise control solutions. Whether your noise control problem is industrial, commercial, or residential, this line of cost-effective soundproofing solutions will provide the answer.
Sound Barriers, Inc.
Sounds Barriers manufactures custom-developed industrial noise reduction equipment including sound booths, metal acoustic enclosures, noise barrier walls, noise absorption panels and more for a broad spectrum of industries including printing, manufacturing, HVAC, and many others.
SysTech is experienced in developing industrial noise control solutions for a wide range of industrial environments. Call SysTech to discuss your industrial noise control needs.