Industrial Air Filtration Systems
Industrial air filtration systems address air quality by filtering airstreams that are moving into or out of a facility. SysTech provides a broad range of air quality control systems that address Clean Air Act pollution control mandates and Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) concerns. Whatever the contaminant—particulate, odor, VOCs, nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide, oil mists, or metal fumes—we identify and install the correct air treatment technology for the application. Whether you need to capture a process exhaust discharge, a source capture potent compound, caustic or corrosive ambient air, or a nuisance airborne contaminant, SysTech has a solution.
Air Filtration Systems for Industrial Environments
Air filtration systems in industrial environments are an essential aspect of industrial manufacturing for many reasons, from air quality environmental impact to promoting the health and safety of plant workers and the proper functioning of equipment and machinery. Whether addressing pollution discharge from a tall stack or maintaining the quality of an indoor plant environment using an air turnover design, SysTech can help to achieve the necessary level of air quality for almost any environment.
Industrial Dust Collection Systems Walkthrough, Inspection or Troubleshooting
Industrial facilities need walkthroughs to best understand how to accomplish the design and installation of a new system or the refurbishment or tweaking of an existing system. Walkthroughs give understanding to the Industrial air filtration system necessary and will show design errors or wear points in an existing system. If on-site to review a specific issue or to layout a new design, we can troubleshoot existing equipment. An optional virtual walkthrough is available and has proven successful in resolving known ventilation issues.
- Industrial Dust Collection Systems – Industrial dust collection is accomplished using technologies that include cartridge dust collectors, downdraft tables, environmental control booths, pharmaceutical containment for potent compounds, baghouse dust collectors, indexing fine particulate filter, and industrial HEPA filter units.
- Industrial Vacuum Systems – Source capture and material conveying, housekeeping, and systems designed to prevent deposition of and augment “clean-up” of combustible dust.
- Wet Scrubbers – Fume scrubbers and wet scrubbers limit stack emissions emitted by industrial operations.
- Welding Exhaust Systems – Harmful weld smoke and fumes generated in plant environments must be contained to avoid health risks. Weld smoke collectors clean the air and protect workers from inhaling toxic elements emitted by manufacturing operations.
- Fume Extraction Arms – Source capture of a pollutant is the most cost-effective way to manage air pollution. When these sources are not stationary, extraction arms a means to effectively manage the dust collection.
- Oil Mist Collectors – Work environments must be protected from the dispersion of industrial metalworking fluids such as straight oil or water-soluble coolants, which are process generated in the form of mists.
- Dust Control Booths – Encapsulating a pollutant source is an excellent means to control indoor air pollution. When tools used in the manufacture or the assembly process expel particulate and fume away from a source capture device such as an extraction arm or downdraft table, rigid metal and noise blanket enclosures allow safe and complete capture of the smoke and fume.
- Source Capture Hoods – Collecting pollutants at the source is the best way to minimize the cost and complexity of the air cleaning device. Hoods are available as off-the-shelf items or customized to fit around process machinery to ensure minimal airflow and maximal capture.
- Downdraft Tables and Benches – Positioning an air cleaning downdraft table or bench at the work point is an excellent way to improve productivity while maintaining a safe and clean workspace.
- Air Filter Housings – Air filter assemblies include a filter housing, transition(s) to a duct system and air filter elements. These are side access filter housings designed for MERV rated panel filters, bag filters, or HEPA and ULPA filters for the handling of high potency materials or incorporated into return air systems.
- Dust Collector Filters – Filters need to be selected for capture efficiency and release characteristics that are based on the smoke, mist, or dust being collected.
Keys to an Effective Air Filtration System
We apply a “7 Cs of an air pollution control system” concept to a majority of our industrial ventilation systems. Some systems may require less based on the application requirements.
Capture – Collecting the dust, mist, fume or high heat at its source.
Conveying – Where a duct system is used for multiple collection points, a correctly sized and applied duct network is important.
Clean – Filtration of air is almost a universal need in industrial air systems.
Conveyor – The main part of all air systems is the air mover or fan which pulls or pushes the air mass.
Controls – All systems need controls in place. Fans show energy savings with variable frequency drives.
Components – All the ancillary devices within a ventilation system such as duct, flex joints, dampers, silencers, fire, and explosion protection devices, etc.
Containment – Collected materials may need to be isolated from human contact especially with pharmaceutical or biotech materials.
We partner with manufacturers that offer a complete range of products to meet the most stringent emissions criteria and air pollution control regulations for your air quality needs.
APC Technologies, Inc.
UHF® Ultra High-efficiency Filtration system, venturi & gas scrubbers, and carbon adsorption systems.
Donaldson is a world leader in filtration equipment serving the needs of woodworking, pharmaceutical, construction, manufacturing, power generation, semiconductors, transportation, and more. Innovating new filtration technologies such as the Downflo® Evolution DFE and the PowerCore® Dust collectors, delivering outstanding products, and providing superior customer support are all Donaldson hallmarks. Donaldson® Torit® helps manufacturers get cleaner air with dust & particulate filtration solutions.
For indoor air quality issues using isolation booths, downdraft tables, and walk-in enclosures, DualDraw is the solution with panel filter, self-cleaning cartridge filter, or wet dust collector downdraft equipment. Their Model BG-WG Downdraft Table is code compliant to capture and contain combustible dust, including aluminum, magnesium, or titanium. Custom designs are available to meet your application requirement.
SysTech Design can take care of all your industrial air system needs.