Industrial Dust Collection
Industrial dust collection systems and products remove industrial contaminants from polluted air, and where feasible, return clean air back into the environment. Because of their high filtration efficiency, they are often used as product receivers for powders recovery.
Industrial Dust Collection Benefits
Benefits of industrial dust collection may include:
- Employees are protected from the harmful effects of pollution with an effective industrial dust collection system.
- Industrial dust collectors keep facilities compliant with health and air emission regulations.
- Use of industrial dust collection systems protects the environment from pollutants from manufacturing processes.
SysTech offers the most technologically advanced systems and solutions from the leading manufacturers of filtration technology. Are you considering replacing your industrial dust collector or updating your duct system? Before ordering, consult our guide on what questions to ask before buying a Dust Collector.
Donaldson® Torit® advanced technology cartridge dust collectors and filtration media provide effective solutions for managing a variety of industrial dust control issues including toxic, explosive and potent compounds. Both their Downflo® Evolution (DFE) Collector and Downflo® Oval (DFO) Dust Collector set the standard for cartridge dust collection.
- Powered by patented Ultra-Web® nanofiber filtration technology
- Provide cleaner air with up to 25% more filtration capacity than other collectors
- Dust collection filters last up to two times longer
- Provide significant cost savings and optimal service
Donaldson® filtration research and development has led to cartridge dust collectors that solve most industrial dust and particulate challenges in a variety of facilities such as:
- Food Processing
- Metal Working
Worker exposure to potent compounds is a major concern in the pharmaceutical industry. Pharmaceutical containment is of utmost importance. Donaldson® Torit® Downflo® is setting new standards in pharmaceutical dust containment systems with:
- Filters and contains dusts of low, intermediate, and potent toxicity
- Potent compound surrogate tested
- Features triple-sealed Bag-In/Bag-Out (BIBO) components at the filters
- Includes integrated HEPA BIBO chamber under negative pressure
- Variety of clean-change dust discharge options such as a continuous liner
Dust collector applications and collection systems rely on a dust collector with filter media that has high efficiency particulate removal with long filter life. Donaldson® Torit® with their Power Core® dust collector designs, couples Ultra-Web® filter media in unique pack symmetry with an enhanced filter cleaning system to address that need. The filtration media in each pack, is configured in a corrugated flute structure allowing a straight through airflow. A 60% reduction in filter size is gained over cylindrical cartridge filters. This is the recognized next generation in dust collector design. The filter packs significantly reduce the collector “box” size, change-out maintenance time/costs and operation costs. The only thing not reduced is the interval between filter replacements.
Advancing technological has always been a Donaldson Company trademark. The recently introduced Donaldson® Downflo® Evolution (DFE) dust collector series advances a new design package with fewer filters and a smaller footprint. It has an enhanced MaxPulse™ filter element cleaning system, triagonal shaped filter cartridges and their proven Ultra-Web® filter media. The DFE was designed to enhance filter cleaning, improve filtration capacity, increase filter life and reduce compressed air usage. This evolution is just another example of Donaldson’s commitment to provide the best dust collector design on the market.
The rugged, dependable Donaldson® Torit® line of dust collectors features Torit® RF Baghouse dust collectors, developed to handle large air volume and heavy dust loading encountered in process applications such as:
- Food Processing
The RF dust collector design as well as other Donaldson models, have multiple filter media options based on particulate captured and airstream conditions. Should you need more airflow out of an existing collector, consider the significant advantages of our pleated filter options.
The Donaldson Torit DCE® Dalamatic® Dust Collector is an auto reverse jet dust collector suitable for continuous process applications with high product loads. They are available in stand-a-lone units or as insertables into process streams. Available with Dura-Life Filter Media resulting in surface loading, high filtration efficiency and 2 to 3 times normal bag life.
• Contiguous filtration of high dust concentrations
• Stand-alone or insertable configurations
• Downward airflow to minimizes re-entrainment
• Modular design means future capacity
• Horizontal bag removal
• Food contact Compliant configuration if using optional Helix Tubes
Donaldson® Torit® offers silo or bin vent dust collectors specifically designed for collecting and cleaning dusts from silos, bins, bag dump stations, conveyor transfer points, etc. Because applications vary widely, optional features are numerous. They can be fan powered or unpowered, filters can be reconditioned or cleaned with compressed air pulse cleaning or a mechanical shaker, and filters can be cartridges, filter packs, pleated filter bags, envelope bags or socks. Important considerations for equipment selection include filtration efficiency, maintenance requirements and time required to replace filter media. Before selecting a dust control system, dust characteristics including explosion hazard must be evaluated.
The DualDraw line of downdraft tables accommodate a wide variety of industrial jobs that generate particulate including sanding, gluing, deburring, grinding, welding and more. Patented DualDraw downdraft tables:
- Provide symmetrical airflow across the total work surface
- Built to order benches mandate an operator clean breathing zone
DualDraw downdraft tables also feature vented backs, adjustable side panels and are fully self-contained, requiring no duct work.
This special Dual-Draw portable down draft table is used to protect the operator from air-born dust while grinding and sanding composite helicopter parts. Here the downdraft table is undergoing airflow testing at DualDraw prior to shipment to the customer.
Read more about Downdraft Tables and Benches here.
They are available as downdraft tables, walk-in filtration rooms or as self-contained scrubbers that can be used for ambient collection or ducted to any existing tables or hoods.
DualDraw products for combustible dust collection are compliant with NFPA and OSHA standards.
Particulate collector applications and collection systems that handle “sticky” dusts in saturated airstreams are difficult to address with either a dry or wet collector. The Ultra High-Efficiency (UHF®) System was specifically designed for those applications. The UHF filters out smoke and sticky oily emissions using a rolling bed of designed filtration media, capturing particulate down to sub-micron in size at a low pressure drop and horsepower requirement. Finding solutions to these applications mandates that the UHF option be evaluated before proceeding with your equipment selection.
Systech supplied side access filter housings feature the most complete line of containment systems with industrial HEPA filters. Find solutions for any application with a wide variety of choices such as:
- Materials of construction
- Indoor or outdoor
- Temperature rating
- Air flow capacity
HEPA filters are factory tested to meet necessary regulatory requirements for applications in hospitals, biotechnology, biomedical, laboratories, food processing, pharmaceutical, semiconductor fabrication, and more. A Bag-In/Bag-Out (BIBO) option is available for applications where containment is required. SysTech Design will find the best Industrial Dust Collection solution for you.
Used Dust Collection Equipment
Used equipment is available in varying condition. It may not be a perfect fit but with project review may be applied successfully. Saving capital funds for dust or fume control can be satisfied with a used piece of equipment with considerations given to the following:
- Is the metal in good shape and repairable if necessary?
- If a dust collector, new bags or cartridges probably will be required.
- Pulse systems on compressed air cleaning dust collectors typically need to be repaired.
- Is there a damper or other control device with the equipment?
- What electrics are included?
- Is the equipment ready to ship or need dismantled?
- Who is responsible for shipping?
- Will equipment be suitable for a combustible dust issue?
- Is a fan included?
- If a fan is included what performance conditions will it meet?
- Will fan bearings and motor need replaced?
- Will motors on auxiliary equipment such as a rotary airlock start-up and are lock wipes in good condition.
SysTech has access to used equipment. Please call with your requirements and we’ll research availability for you. If needed we can install and fit the system into your facility including repair to any of the components.