Industrial processes often require high heat fans that can withstand operating airstream temperatures up to and above 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit. These high-temperature industrial fans depending upon temperature requirements are available insulated and uninsulated in both axial and centrifugal designs. Custom designs and configurations are the norms with many features including air-cooled shafts up to 1,850 degrees Fahrenheit with no need for water cooling. Oftentimes they are part of an OEM package where space is a premium. We’ve applied high-temperature fans and blowers for re-circulating air in high-temperature equipment, exhausting gases and fumes, and supplying air for heating and drying systems.
Wheels or impellers are defined by the blade configuration. Blade configuration is adjusted based on temperature, performance requirements, and materials in the airstream.
- Backward Inclined – Flat fan blades tilt backward from the center of the wheel
- Forward Curved – Fan blades are curved and tilt forward
- Open Paddle Wheel – Flat blades that radiate from the center of the fan wheel
- Axial – Propeller bladed fan wheels
SysTech is able to provide both standard high-temperature fans from stock and custom fan designs for many high-temperature processes.
Standard Carbon Steel Fan Construction:
- to 300° F. (149° C.) Available in Arrangements 1, 8, 9, 9CB and 10
- to 200° F. (93° C.) Available in Arrangements 4and 4HM
High-temperature fan construction based on airstream temperature:
- 201°- 400° F. (94° – 204° C.) Uses standard fan with heat slinger, slinger guard, Teflon shaft seal, and extended hub on wheel. Arrangements 4 and 4HM only.
- 301°- 400° F. (150° – 204° C.) Uses standard fan with heat slinger, fan shaft and slinger guard, and Teflon shaft seal. Arrangements 1, 8, 9, and 9CB.
- 401°- 600° F. (205° – 316° C.) Uses standard fan with heat slinger, fan shaft and slinger guard, high temp shaft seal, gaskets, and paint. Arrangements 1, 8, 9, and 9CB.
- 601°- 750° F. (317° – 398° C.) Uses standard fan with high temp bearings, heat slinger, fan shaft and slinger guard, high temp shaft seal, gaskets, and paint. Arrangements 1, 8, 9, and 9CB.
- 801°- 2200° F. (413° – 1200° C.) Materials of construction change as required (higher yield strength steels) to meet requirements of high-temperature processes.
High heat fan configurations may also include:
- Plug fan designs with three, six or eight-inch insulated boxes
- Completely insulated housings for free-standing fans, with three, six, eight or more inches of housing insulation
- Gas-tight construction
- High-temperature shaft
- Reversible axial flow units
- High-Temperature hub
- Copper extended lube lines
- High-temperature door gaskets
- Air-cooled shaft and bearings
Contact SysTech for all your high-temperature fan applications.