Industrial processes often require high heat fans that can withstand operating airstream temperatures above 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit.
These high temperature fans and blowers are typically used for:
- Re-circulating air in high temperature equipment such as kilns, dryers, industrial ovens and furnaces
- Exhausting gases and fumes from industrial processes
- Supplying air for heating and drying systems
Performance of High Temperature Fans
Expected performance from high temperature fans supplied thru SysTech are:
- Centrifugal fans up to 440,000 CFM and 80 inches WG @ 70 degrees Fahrenheit (based on wheel type selected)
- Axial Fans up to 118,000 CFM and 4 inches WG @ 70 degrees Fahrenheit
High Temperature Wheels/Propellers
Wheels or impellors are defined by the blade configuration. Blade configuration is adjusted based on temperature, performance requirements and materials in the airstream.
- Backward Inclined – Flat fan blades tilt backwards from cent of wheel
- Forward Curved – Fan blades are curved and tilt forward
- Open Paddle Wheel – Flat blades that radiate from the center of the fan wheel
- Axial – Propeller bladed fan wheels
Typical Applications for High Temperature Fans
- Annealing Ovens
- Batch Annealing Furnaces
- Calcining Ovens
- Car bottom furnaces
- Curing Ovens
- Drying Ovens
- Furnace Fans
- Industrial Furnaces
- Industrial Ovens
- Tempering Ovens
High Temperature Fan Construction Options
SysTech is able to provide both standard high temperature fans from stock and custom fan designs for many high temperature processes.
Standard Carbon Steel Fan Construction:
- to 300° F. (149° C.) Available in Arrangements 1, 8, 9, 9CB and 10
- to 200° F. (93° C.) Available in Arrangements 4and 4HM
High temperature fan construction based on airstream temperature:
- 201°- 400° F. (94° – 204° C.) Uses standard fan with heat slinger, slinger guard, Teflon shaft seal and extended hub on wheel. Arrangements 4 and 4HM only.
- 301°- 400° F. (150° – 204° C.) Uses standard fan with heat slinger, fan shaft and slinger guard and Teflon shaft seal. Arrangements 1, 8, 9 and 9CB.
- 401°- 600° F. (205° – 316° C.) Uses standard fan with heat slinger, fan shaft and slinger guard, high temp shaft seal, gaskets and paint. Arrangements 1, 8, 9 and 9CB.
- 601°- 750° F. (317° – 398° C.) Uses standard fan with high temp bearings, heat slinger, fan shaft and slinger guard, high temp shaft seal, gaskets and paint. Arrangements 1, 8, 9 and 9CB.
- 801°- 2200° F. (413° – 1200° C.) Materials of construction change as required (higher yield strength steels) to meet requirements of high temperature processes.
High heat fan configurations may also include:
- Plug fan designs with three, six or eight inch insulated boxes
- Completely insulated housings for free-standing fans, with three, six, eight or more inches of housing insulation
- Gas tight construction
- High temperature shaft
- Reversible axial flow units
- High Temperature hub
- Copper extended lube lines
- High temperature door gaskets
- Air cooled shaft and bearings
Contact SysTech for all your high temperature fan applications.