Source capture of pollutants using localized exhaust hoods is an economical and a cost-effective means to control plant air quality. Source capture or collection of dust at its source minimizes the amount of air that needs to be cleaned as well as the amount of make-up air required and the cost of control. Carefully designed hoods are available as standard “off the shelf” designs, or they can be custom designed to maximize capture of particulate and fume. In most cases, where we have not seen or applied a hood to a similar application, the starting point is “Industrial Ventilation – A Manual of Recommended Practice for Design” manual.
- Moveable or fixed, requiring minimal amount of space
- Custom designed to maximize collection efficiency at a point source
- Fit any process
- Can be added to an existing central dust collection system
- Isolate pollutant points within a plant
- Constructed of carbon steel, stainless steel, FRP or PVC