Many at risk industrial process components including dust collectors, process vessels, duct/piping networks and industrial structures can be protected with explosion venting.
This is what we’re about…
There are two primary means to vent a deflagration using explosion relief vents. These include explosion panels and flameless vents.
Explosion panels or vents are the most widely used method for mitigating or safely redirecting dust explosions. Explosion relief vents are an effective means for explosion protection when conditions include:
- Equipment is located outdoors or near an outside wall when located indoors
- Plenty of outside space (compliant with NFPA 68) is available for safe venting
- Process material is not toxic
IEP Technologies| HOERBIGER Safety Solutions vents offer:
- Vents have a two-year warranty
- Industry best performance tolerances of +/- 0.25 psig and a max operating pressure ratio of 80%
- 3 to 5 day ship time for SS vents
- Broad range of sizes, configurations, and ratings available
- Flat or domed designs
- Clean-in-place designs available
Flameless vents are designed with an integral flame arrester that prevents the escape of flames and combustible dusts. IEP Technologies | HOERBIGER Safety Solutions flameless venting has advantages that need to be considered:
- Vent duct is not required – can be used in the building interior
- Compact in size with wide range of sizes available
- Up to 30% less length than standard flameless vents with more mass
- Valve closes automatically after venting – repair or refurbishment not required
- Suitable for multiple explosions
- ATEX Approved
We have extensive experience in designing and installing explosion venting systems. Every application is unique; SysTech can assist you in determining if explosion venting is the best choice for your situation. All design considerations are in accordance with NFPA 68: Standard on Explosion Protection by Deflagration Venting, latest version.
SysTech is the place to go for your explosion venting needs.