Industrial Flexible Connectors
In air duct systems, dynamic stresses caused by fan vibrations, temperature fluctuations and other sources can lead to maintenance issues and premature equipment failure. Flex duct connectors or expansion joints provide flexibility along duct when connected to rotating equipment to alleviate these stresses.
In specifying flex duct connectors for an air system, consideration must be given to:
- Axial, transverse and torsional movement – Must know this information if extreme
- Temperature of the airstream – Flex material selection is based on temperature
- Noise levels – Connectors are a point of breakout noise, see Acoustic Flexible Connectors
- Abrasive nature of particulate in the airstream – Optional interior metal liner may be required
- Corrosive nature of the airstream – Determines metal selection for the connector flanges and liner
Flexible connectors are used on the inlets and outlets of fans, air handlers and pollution control equipment in facilities such as:
- Petro chemical plants
- Lime and cement plants
- Paper mills
- Manufacturing plants
Flexible duct connectors and expansion joint applications range from small industrial fans to utility grade expansion joints used in pollution control ductwork. As a knowledgeable supplier of expansion joints and other air system components, SysTech Design Inc., in addition to noise control products, is experienced in developing precisely designed air movement solutions to address the specific needs of our customers. We will work with you to determine the most effective expansion joints for your system and facility needs.
SysTech offers the best solutions for all your flexible connector and expansion joint applications.