At a Pittsburgh seminar, we were asked our “go-to” monitor for dust systems. Our answer was the AyrDyne monitor, an easy to use monitor with display and an adjunct to new and retrofit dust collector systems projects. There have been attempts in the past to produce this type of control/monitoring with minimal success. Still, the AyrDyne does the essential functions required in an easily understandable concept with many additional input and output options. With the AyrDyne, you will see the following benefits:
- You will know the “health” of your system because it’s displayed on an easily viewed screen that shows essential issues resulting in extended filter life, reducing compressed air usage, and minimized HP requirements.
- You will know if your system is functioning as designed initially (assuming that was correct) and see maximum filter life with minimal cost to operate the system while maintaining design airflow and capture velocity.
- You can plan when to change filters or repair solenoids or pulse valves, keeping maintenance personnel in control.
- The responsible operator can easily see their dust collection system’s status without the need to carry around probes and gauges.
The basic features include…
- System VFD system controls via pressure or velocity through the piezometer ring.
- Touch screen for ease of use and less clutter on the face of the control panel.
- Multiple function screen to see differential filter pressure status of fan, airlock, and associated components running or stopped on the dust collections system.
- On-demand cleaning, downtime cleaning, or individual cleaning of specific solenoids.
- Alarm banner for full notification on the main panel with outputs to the building automation system.
- Password protection.
- Automatic or manual VFD frequency control to maximize filter life long term.
- Hour meter for preventative maintenance and proper health compliance of the system.
Optional features available, when needed, include….
- BAS outputs via BACNET or MODBUS for output to customer systems.
- Provisions to tie in NC dry contacts for remote start and stop by the customer.
- Broken bag and level indication.
- NEMA 4 or NEMA 7/9 enclosures.
- Fire suppression links.
- Explosion protection links for isolation valves or suppression/isolation systems.
If you would like to purchase fewer replacement filters and see longer intervals between filter replacements, the Ayrdyne is an excellent choice. If you’re a design engineer, the Ayrdyne is an excellent choice to integrate into your clients’ building control requirements.