The eSuppressor™ is a new high-rate discharge suppressor for explosion suppression and isolation systems. The eSuppressor™ is unique to the industry as it utilizes an electromechanical operation for activation and does not require a pyrotechnic device to discharge. The true benefit from the electromechanical operation is all the safety functions are fully monitored, which cannot be done with devices using pyrotechnic actuators. The eSuppressor™ also has a global design and includes a SIL2 third-party certification.
How does It work?
- Unsurpassed reliability due to continuous monitoring of all safety functions.
- Electromechanical actuation
- Monitored Lock-Out-Tag-Out (LOTO)
- Cylinder pressure monitoring with temperature compensation
- Non-explosive operation increases safety and reduces storage, licensing, and transportation concerns.
- Third-party certification to SIL-2
- Can be mounted on existing IEP flanges to potentially replace all members of IEP’s existing family of suppressors.
- Integrated LEDs to indicate suppressor status.
- Valve housing: IP67, NEMA 4X
- It is rated for dust and gas hazardous locations.
- Transportation licenses: TPED and UN-DOT
- ATEX certified.