Dampers and louvers are a common accessory in industrial air systems to control airflow. Industrial ventilation systems might require the damper to be ducted or unducted, with applications ranging from heavy duty process control to industrial duty wall and roof mounted designs for general HVAC building ventilation. Dampers are constructed of various steel and FRP, dependent upon the application, designed for clean air, airstreams with particulate and those with corrosive gases. Heavy duty process dampers are typically applied to shut-off, pressure relief, fan airflow control, isolation or by-pass applications. SysTech has industrial dampers suited to a variety of industrial duty air control applications, engineered for optimal performance and efficiency.
A large number of industrial utility and process applications utilize butterfly dampers. Primarily used for flow control and low leakage functions, butterfly dampers are specified in systems that handle light particulate loading or clean gas. Sample applications include:
- Butterfly dampers control flow of dirty gas to pollution control systems in steel mills.
- Flow control of gas from bag houses can be regulated by butterfly dampers.
- Butterfly dampers control flow and/or leakage of process or flue gases at very high temperatures typically found in refining, incinerating, and smelting operations.
- High-pressure butterfly dampers for control of clean air and isolation of radioactive gases in nuclear electricity-generating power stations.
Specially designed butterfly dampers can accommodate applications involving highly corrosive or abrasive elements. Butterfly dampers provide a cost efficient control and isolation method in air duct systems. Sizes available are limited only by the system design and on site space envelope limitations.
For applications requiring positive isolation, guillotine dampers are an effective choice. Guillotine dampers are often used in systems that require routine access to a duct behind a media source. Sizes available are limited only by the system design and on site space envelope limitations. Examples of industry applications include:
- Biotech labs
- Pharmaceutical facilities
- Hospital isolation areas
- Military and nuclear facilities
Multi louver dampers regulate the flow of gas and air in dry and wet environments. The damper remains in a closed position until the temperature rises to a specified rate. Sizes available are limited only by the system design and on site space envelope limitations. Examples of industry applications include:
- Stack Isolation
- Pre-spinning of duct air
- Pressure relief applications
- Modulating of airflow
Wall and roof mounted dampers would be applied to mechanical HVAC ventilation systems. Primarily used for backdraft (shut-off) designs either gravity controlled or with electric or pneumatic operators. Materials of construction are galvanized steel, aluminum or stainless steel.
Hartzell Air Movement offers a complete line of fiberglass air control products for corrosive environments including dampers and louvers with available options of abrasive/erosion resistant coating, nexus surface veil and electrostatic grounding. Models available as fixed blade drainable louver, end pivoted automatic shutter, center pivot damper, and volume control in opposed or parallel blade designs.
• FRP Backdraft Dampers are available to 48 inches square and max face velocity of 2500 FPM. Multiple panel construction and special reinforcement allow larger sizes as an option.
• FRP Low Velocity Dampers available up to 48 inches square and 2500 FPM max face velocity. Multiple panel construction and special reinforcement allow larger sizes as an option.
• FRP Opposed and Parallel Blade Volume Control Dampers up to max face velocity of 6000 FPM and max differential pressure of 20 “ WG. Size is predicated on design static pressure.
Trust SysTech for the best solution with all your industrial damper and louver needs.