Dampers and louvers are a common accessory in industrial air systems. Applied systems might require the louver or damper to be ducted or unducted, with applications ranging from heavy duty process control to industrial duty wall and roof mounted designs for general HVAC building ventilation.
HVAC control products would include louvers designed to prevent water penetration, backdraft dampers either manually adjustable or with motorized operators for passive systems, or in combination with ventilation fans providing building heat relief through push-pull mechanical systems.
Heavy duty process dampers are typically applied to shut-off, pressure relief, fan airflow control, isolation or by-pass applications.
SysTech has industrial dampers and louvers, suited to a variety of industrial duty air control applications, engineered for optimal performance and efficiency. In many instances, these are readily available as in stock items or custom designs with short lead times.
Types Of Industrial Dampers
- Guillotine Dampers
- Backdraft Dampers
- Pressure Relief Dampers
- Variable Inlet Vane Dampers
- Isolation Dampers
- Butterfly Dampers
- Multi-louver Dampers
- Opposing Blade Louver Damper
- Parallel Blade Louver Dampers
Industrial Damper Materials Of Construction
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steels
- Fiberglass (FRP)
A large number of industrial utility and process applications utilize butterfly dampers. Primarily used for flow control and low leakage functions, butterfly dampers are specified in systems that handle light particulate loading or clean gas. Sample applications include:
- Butterfly dampers control flow of dirty gas to pollution control systems in steel mills.
- Flow control of gas from bag houses can be regulated by butterfly dampers.
- Butterfly dampers control flow and/or leakage of process or flue gases at very high temperatures typically found in refining, incinerating, and smelting operations.
- High-pressure butterfly dampers for control of clean air and isolation of radioactive gases in nuclear electricity-generating power stations.
Specially designed butterfly dampers can accommodate applications involving highly corrosive or abrasive elements. Butterfly dampers provide a cost efficient control and isolation method in air duct systems. Sizes available are limited only by the system design and on site space envelope limitations.
For applications requiring positive isolation, guillotine dampers are an effective choice. Guillotine dampers are often used in systems that require routine access to a duct behind a media source. Sizes available are limited only by the system design and on site space envelope limitations. Examples of industry applications include:
- Biotech labs
- Pharmaceutical facilities
- Hospital isolation areas
- Military and nuclear facilities
Multi Louver Dampers
Multi louver dampers regulate the flow of gas and air in dry and wet environments. The damper remains in a closed position until the temperature rises to a specified rate. Sizes available are limited only by the system design and on site space envelope limitations. Examples of industry applications include:
- Stack Isolation
- Pre-spinning of duct air
- Pressure relief applications
- Modulating of airflow
Louvers are used in a multitude of industrial applications, but primarily in supply/exhaust ventilation systems. They are available in aluminum or galvanized construction with depths up to 8 inches.
Sizing is unlimited as individual louvers are coupled and assembled into complete wall structures.
Wall and Roof Mounted Dampers
Wall and roof mounted dampers would be applied to mechanical HVAC ventilation systems. Primarily used for backdraft (shut-off) designs either gravity controlled or with electric or pneumatic operators. Materials of construction are galvanized steel, aluminum or stainless steel.
FRP Dampers and Louvers
Hartzell Air Movement offers a complete line of fiberglass air control products for corrosive environments including dampers and louvers with available options of abrasive/erosion resistant coating, nexus surface veil and electrostatic grounding. Models available as fixed blade drainable louver, end pivoted automatic shutter, center pivot damper, and volume control in opposed or parallel blade designs.
• FRP Louvers are available as a single unit to 72 inch square with free air inlet velocity of 825 FPM. Multiple panel construction and special reinforcement allow larger sizes as an option.
• FRP Backdraft Dampers are available to 48 inches square and max face velocity of 2500 FPM. Multiple panel construction and special reinforcement allow larger sizes as an option.
• FRP Low Velocity Dampers available up to 48 inches square and 2500 FPM max face velocity. Multiple panel construction and special reinforcement allow larger sizes as an option.
• FRP Opposed and Parallel Blade Volume Control Dampers up to max face velocity of 6000 FPM and max differential pressure of 20 “ WG. Size is predicated on design static pressure.
Trust SysTech for the best solution with all your industrial damper and louver needs.