Industrial exhaust fans are available in a wide variety of sizes and configurations to suit the application. Externally they all look similar, but internally the wheels selected are vastly different. Fan wheels are selected based on materials in the air stream, corrosives in the airstream, fan performance point, and temperature to name a few, and they are all different.
When selecting an industrial blower, you must have the following information at hand:
- Required airflow through the blower
- Static pressure through the complete system
- Suction pressure at the blower inlet
- Airflow conditions through the blower
- Altitude at which the blower will be operating
- Composition of what is going through the blower — For example, is the airstream explosive or flammable?
Whether used for industrial processes or as part of an air quality control system, a number of factors should be considered when specifying an industrial exhaust fan. These include:
- Noise level
- Rotational speed
- Air stream characteristics
- Temperature range
- Variations in operating conditions
- Space constraints and system layout
- Horsepower, operating costs and operating life
- Materials of construction
- Spark resistance
SysTech will assist you in working through all of the necessary considerations in developing an industrial air movement system that best addresses your needs and provides you with the most advanced industrial blowers and industrial exhaust fans from the leading manufacturers.