Prater rotary valves are tested and certified to comply with NFPA-69. Completed testing at a “knowledgeable test authority” certifies the valve complies with NFPA-69 rotary valve design criteria. Testing showed the valve to exceed the required testing pressure of 1 barg and withstood deflagration pressures up to 2.3 barg. Besides compliance with NFPA 69, the valves are also an economical and cost effective tool for creating an air lock between dust collectors and the collection containers. Prater’s Dust Collector Series rotary valve includes an eight blade rotor which adds two additional tips to decrease leakage. Larger pockets within the airlock allow for slower speed rotation which results in a longer operation life. Lastly, a direct drive motor eliminates the hassle and maintenance of dealing with belts.
Standard features include:
- Sizes: 6, 8, 10 and 12″ square
- Up to 300 Fahrenheit operating temperature
- Up to +/- 3PSI pressure differential
- Cast iron construction
- Direct drive gear motor (29 RPM)
Additional options include:
- Explosion proof motors: For use in hazardous environments
- Beveled Rotor Tips: Increases operating efficiency. Used with find dust that can pack between housing and blades.
- Motion Switch: Monitors loss of speed or zero speed
- Flexible Rotor Tips: Used in applications with stringy or fibrous products