The IEP ProFlap passive isolation flap valve is designed for all combustible dust but can specifically handle metal dust which is unique to the product across manufacturers.
Protecting upstream equipment, the IEP ProFlap valve provides critical protection to mitigate the propagation of flame from metal dust combustion. The ProFlap passive explosion isolation valve is self-actuating to enable a mechanical barrier to mitigate the propagation of flame and other burning materials to upstream equipment. The ProFlap passive isolation valve provides features unique to this style of valve, including a locking solenoid, Accumulation, Closure, Wear Sensors, and an Interface Panel.
- Passive design for positive closure.
- Applicable for dust with Kst values up to 300 bar m/s for duct sizes from 5” to 12” (140mm to 315mm) and Kst values up to 200 bar-m/s for duct sizes from 14” to 40” (355mm to 1000mm).
- Fully compliant with NFPA 69-2014 continuous dust accumulation monitoring, flap blade locking, and process shut down requirements via deposit sensor.
- Low-cost explosion isolation.
- Operational conditions monitored via integrated sensors, thus allowing longer maintenance intervals.
- Rugged, durable design requires minimal maintenance.
- Easy access for inspection via inspection cover.
- Short mounting distances.
- ATEX certified according to the latest standard, prEN16447.