WARNING: Call to discuss your application before purchasing and quoting. All explosion systems need to be designed and modeled.
The eSuppressor™ is a high-rate discharge extinguisher used for explosion suppression and chemical isolation systems. Unique to the industry, the electro-mechanical operation allows for no pyrotechnic devices required for activation. A key benefit is all safety functions are fully monitored, which is not possible for any device employing pyrotechnic actuators, with full redundancy and third-party SIL 2 certification. The signal of events upon an explosion is the eSuppressor™ valve is actuated via the explosion protection control panel. The highly specified trigger mechanism allows the valve flap to open extremely rapidly (less than 10ms) allowing the suppressant to discharge through the nozzle system into the protected volume.
- Electromechanical actuator (no pyrotechnic actuators which cannot be monitored)
- Monitored lock-out-tag-out (LOTO)
- Cylinder pressure monitoring with temperature compensation
- Third-party certification to SIL-2
- Can be installed on existing flanges to potentially replace all members of IEP’s existing family of suppressors
- Integrated LEDs to indicate suppressor status
- Valve housing: IP67 NEMA 4
- Rating: Ex II 3G/2D, Class 1 Div 2. Class II Div 1
- Transportation licenses: TPED and UN-DOT
- ATEX Approval (pending)
- Bottle sizes are available in cylinder volumes (liters) of 5, 20, 31, and 45.