The IEP Technologies SmartDS comprises a MEX-3 dynamic explosion pressure detector and a FAB-4 Field Connection Box. The MEX-3 is designed to be flush mounted to protected process vessels using the MEX-3 stainless steel mounting flange. The FAB-4 Field Connection Box processes the data collected by the MEX-3 detector and generates the appropriate alarm or trouble/fault signal. SmartDS Evaluation Software can be used to download detector settings, event logs, and both short term and long term pressure data to a personal computer in order to facilitate event investigation and analysis– a key feature.
- Dynamic rate of rise pressure sensing differentiates between real explosion events and process pressure fluctuations.
- Three separate algorithms that interrogate pressure data to secure detection whilst providing excellent false alarm immunity.
- High reliability – dual pressure sensors provide secure detection and redundancy together with third party certification to SIL2.
- Event history memory records pressure data before, during, and after explosion protection system activation facilitating post-event interrogation and analysis.
- Powerful User Software Interface for graphical representation and analysis of recorded pressure data.
- Hygienic design with O-ring seal and stainless steel detector body resists harsh process environments.
- Field programmable to accommodate process changes.
- Programmable static pressure pre-alarm alerts operator of process problems.
- ATEX Approved and CE Marked.