The IEP Technologies UV/IR Flame Detector comprises a sensor module and electronic controller housed within a copper- free aluminum, explosion-proof enclosure. The sensor module incorporates an ultraviolet sensor and an infrared sensor, both of which must respond to an event before generating an alarm signal. Periodically an optical test source within the device emits radiation through the lens of each sensor to a reflective plate. The returned signal provides a periodic check of the optical surfaces, sensors, and signal processing circuitry. Units have an optional air shield for dust environments.
- High false alarm immunity is provided by the alarm output requiring detection of both ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) radiation.
- Automatic Optical Integrity (AOI) feature provides automatic self-checking of optical integrity and circuitry.
- Integral electronic control ensures rapid detection and highest reliability.
- Tri-color LED on sensor module provides visual indication of detector status.
- Will not alarm solely due to lightning, solar radiation, hot objects, or non-UV emitting artificial lighting.
- FM approved, CE marked, ATEX compliant.
- Spectral Sensitivity: Ultraviolet: 0.185 to 0.245 microns; Infrared: 4.2 to 4.4 microns.
- Cone of Vision: 75° vertical cone of vision, 90° horizontal cone of vision with highest sensitivity along central axis.
- Response Time: As fast as 20 milliseconds depending on distance, fuel, and ignition source.
- Supply Voltage: 24 V (18 V to 30 V) DC
- Power Consumption: 2.8 watts at 24 V DC nominal; 4.8 watts at 24 V DC in alarm.
- Weight: Detector, approximately 6 lbs. (2.7 kg); swivel bracket, approximately 13 lbs. (6.0 kg).
- Enclosure: Copper-free aluminum enclosure rated for
- Class I (Division 1 and 2, Groups B, C, and D) and
- Class II/III (Division 1, Groups E, F, and G), NEMA 4X (IP66).
- Electrical conduit entries: 3/4-in. NPT female connections.
- Output Relays: Alarm relay: Normally de-energized, Form C.
- Fault relay: Normally energized, Form C. Relays rated for 5 A @ 30vdc.